HR Generalist - 12 Month Fix Term Contract, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, the chosen candidate will work as part of the HR team providing HR services/support to designated business unit on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Acts as first point of contact to employees within your business unit
- Manage the day-to-day HR operations in the Business Unit/s and work closely with the HR Business Partners and other HR team members for effective collaboration and consistency.
- Provide accurate and efficient HR advice to the allocated Business Unit/s and their managers.
- Promote adherence to HR policies and local Employment Law while ensuring alignment with Mercury’s vision and values (Mercury beyond 50).
- Ensure data integrity according to GDPR.
- Manage IR incidents & procedures including Disciplinaries and Grievances.
- Provide support in the understanding of Business unit resourcing requirement and liaise with recruitment team in filling gaps
- Facilitate HR workshops and promotes communication between HR and the business unit.
- Drive continuous management process engaging with relevant managers to ensure goal setting and review process completion
- Drive all HR initiatives within the assigned business unit.
- HR Data analysis / reporting as requested HR Business Partner.
- Issuing and updating Terms and Conditions of Employment and ensure a successful onboarding process.
- Engage with the Admin team to ensure new hire and employee transfer set up.
- Work closely with Payroll Department and other support departments to ensure smooth business project planning and completion.
- Support HR projects and other tasks/projects as deemed appropriate by the line manager
- Travel will be required with this position.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Irish employment law.
- Experience dealing with grievance / disciplinary / redundancy / IR issues
- Confident in managing performance management process
- Strong Experience in coaching and mentoring first line mangers
- Able to work with a number of different stakeholders and build strong working relationships
- Proven ability to work autonomously, good work ethic.
- Minimum of 3 years HR Generalist experience.
- 3rd level qualification in Human Resources.
- CIPD qualified.
- Excellent Computer Skills (Microsoft Office).
- Experience with HR systems
- Able to broker internal and external relationships to ensure effective business solutions and resolve conflict where necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidential, discreet and diplomatic approach. Ability to work with confidential information
- Problem-solving mindset, Shows ability to be flexible, respond positively to change and work effectively under pressure which dealing with conflicting priorities.
- Displays the Company’s values and drives same within the allocated BU/s.
- Experience in the Construction Industry
- SAP experience (ideally for HR)
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now