Construction Manager, Slough, U.K
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Lead a Mech and Elec team on a Retrofit project in a live DC.
- Have to be very organised to ensure workflows in the live facility.
- Chair weekly meetings internally and with the client.
- Issue Progress reports.
- Manage the schedule and associated hours and SE’s.
- Liase with the QA team to ensure quality is maintained.
- Liase with the Commissioning team and ensure compliance.
- Liase with EHS and ensure the project is delivered safely.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Good strong knowledge of the full design and construction process
- Ability to control and manage people and programs
- A trade background or a relevant third level qualification
- Proven record of co-ordinating and managing large projects
- A minimum of 4 years as a Mechanical Construction Manager
- Be familiar and proficient around procurement.
- Experienced in working in live environments.
- Good communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now