Day Engineer, London
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems in accordance with strict operations management procedures. Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of UPS, Generators, HV, PDU’s, CRAC units or equivalent, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data. Reporting to Day Supervisor or Operations Supervisor.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Ensure that a work pack is in place before any subcontractor work is executed. The day engineer will contribute to the preparation of the work packs by contacting subcontractors for the required documentation and reviewing/approving the procedures to allow the job planned in the Computer-Aided Facility Management (CAFM) system.
- Review service completion reports and identify that they have been completed properly. Review the service report remedial work and raise problem/remedial tasks in the CAFM system on the day the service report is received
- Ensure that routine PPMs are carried out on all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls can also include concessionary stores, fabric and any other maintenance related items.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are identified with an incident/problem ticket immediately raised recommending resolution actions.
- Attend a daily operations meeting and receive PPMs jobs. Ensure that all jobs are completed in accordance with the SOPs. Close out each PPM on the CAFM system in line with contract specific procedures.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices.
- When carrying out escorting duties they will ensure that 100% attendance is maintained during the maintenance activity.
- Where the day engineer is a nominated and trained Appointed Person they will carry out the AP duties in accordance with Mercury’s Electrical Safety Rules.
- Maybe required to issue work permits and then ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with the approvals.
- Responsible for completing statutory compliance inspections and ensuring that the relevant inspection reports are professionally documented and that logbooks are updated on completion.
- Ensure that the contract escalation procedures are followed and that all KPI reporting timeframes are achieved.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment which must strictly include the wearing of uniform and PPE.
- Ensure up to date shift logs are maintained.
- Ensure that critical spares levels are always notified and maintained at recommended stock levels.
- Ensure that all plant rooms under are always locked and are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Good time keeping
- Attention to detail
- Good computer skills
- Have the can-do attitude to ensure best practice
- Ability to work on their own or as a team
- To take instructions from Management
Mercury is an equal opportunities employerApply Now