Buyer, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Deliver best in class performance through professional, competitive and efficient buying processes, controls and systems.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Purchase equipment, materials and/or services for assigned projects.
- Secure the quality and timely delivery of goods and/or services required for assigned projects.
- Ability to develop and manage a Procurement Schedule Report (PSR).
- Prepare, issue and administer purchase orders.
- Assist in the reallocation or disposal of excess materials.
- Assist in proposals support when required.
- Ensure that the Authority Matrix is followed stringently.
- Expected to work with only general supervision.
- Create internal reports.
- Conduct complex bid process/tenders and do commercial evaluations.
- Identify new supplier sources and recommend new sourcing strategies in assigned area.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of goods and/services required for assigned projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a related field.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in thinking creatively, problem identification and resolution and project planning and implementation.
- A third level qualification preferably in supply chain or other related discipline.
- Experience in IT or other Indirect categories
- Strong SAP skills
- Knowledge of logistics/supply chain processes
- Experience in Material Control environments
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.