BIM Modeller QA QC, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
The role encompasses quality checking of BIM models before they are issued for construction, ensuring no rework in the field
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- In the model QA role, it will be your responsibility to use your knowledge to ensure that the LSPs are implemented properly using the correct fittings, correct specs and that the constructability of the piping is correct.
- To liaise with modelers/team leads to suggest alternative routes and fittings to be used.
- Reporting model issues and following up that they have been resolved.
- Measure and Track QA metrics.
- Drive repeat Quality issues out of the system.
- Strive to have zero rework in the field.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- 5 years + experience in a Mechanical Trade background favoured
- Excellent knowledge of Mechanical Piping Systems in Semiconductor / Pharma Environment
- Knowledge of Waste, Wet Mechanical & High Purity Systems is required.
- Have relative experience of QA / QC of Systems.
- Experience of Unistrut Supports / Unistrut Brackets essential
- Capable of reading P&ID Drawings / Isometric Drawings
- Ability to work on own initiative and to communicate
- Excellent communication skills- liaising with design team members to coordinate work
- Experience in CAD / BIM / Navis Works an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
- Computer skills an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now