Senior Structural Lead Engineer, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To work as part of a team constructing the steel frame on a large-scale semi-conductor factory construction project.
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc)
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g., pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Productivity and Schedule
- Management of Budget for his Area / Systems
- 95% RFT
- S/E <. 1
- Delivery of all works in his Area / System in line with daily and weekly work plans
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 5 years’+ experience in structural engineering
- Ideally chartered as a Structural Engineer
- Familiar with secondary steel and pipe supports
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in use of systems software related to Engineering functions
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now