Communications Manager, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
The Communications Manager will lead the Communications team, which sits within Mercury’s pre-construction department alongside the Sales & Marketing and Estimation teams. The Communications Manager will report directly to Mercury’s Director of Pre-Construction and will work closely with a variety of senior stakeholders in Mercury.
Mercury’s Communications Team is responsible for delivering frequent, high-quality communications across multiple channels, taking a digital first approach that supports the company’s wider needs by getting key messages to important stakeholders such as clients, employees, partners, and industry colleagues.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Collaborating with senior internal stakeholders and the communications and marketing teams to develop innovative communications solutions in support of Mercury’s strategic business objectives, particularly in key areas such as sustainability, digital transformation, and safety.
- Proactively identifying communications opportunities for Mercury’s relevant business areas and building a strong pipeline of materials for the communications calendar.
- Project managing global communications campaigns across Mercury’s various sectors and support function business areas across multiple channels including social media, video, advertising, podcasts etc.
- Management, including providing coaching, feedback and training with the communications team.
- Providing support and coaching to both junior and senior staff on a variety of communications matters.
- Ensuring Mercury’s brand integrity and adherence to the brand playbook and guidelines in all communications activities.
Essential Criteria for the role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in producing corporate communications for a B2B company or similar.
- Prior experience with both internal/employee communications and marketing communications.
- Experience with digital communication and social media, particularly LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Scheduling & Analytics Tools, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- Ability to quickly communication technical and complex information into clear, user-friendly communications for both a general audience and a specific client and industry community base.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to high quality standards.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to commit to tight deadlines.
- Degree in a communications, marketing, journalism, business, or relevant work experience required.
- Ability to work with brand guidelines.
- Strong eye for visually engaging content.
- Some graphic design and video editing knowledge.
- Project/programme and change management skills.
- Experience in working as part of a collaborative high performing global team.