Safety Lead, Copenhagen
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Adherence to the project & Mercury Engineering Safety Management system
- Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation
- Adherence to Mercury Engineering & Environmental, Health & Safety Plans.
- Coordination in the development of task specific Method statements, risk assessments, safe plan of action, permit to work.
- Compliance with the project safety statement.
- Coordination of project safety indicators.
- Good Safety Practices should be managed & maintained, Carrying out ongoing health and safety assessments, control of hazardous substances. Making sure safety interventions are completed & registered.
- Carrying out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions.
- Keeping records of statutory inspections are available for project activities, tool and plant.
- Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Provide Safety input to site management & at site EHS forums.
- Ensure project sub-contractor adhere to project EHS policies & procedures.
- Coordinating Mercury's site induction & training, also managing & maintaining them.
- Making sure Project PPE is resourced & available.
- Compile & carrying out Toolbox talks, as necessary
- Assisting or carrying out accident investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to Mercury project management team.
- Welfare & Hygiene facilities are in place, managed & maintained.
- Liaison with site Project Management on environmental, health & safety issues.
- Maintaining up-to date documentation to be included with the Safety File.
- Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedures.
Key Criteria for the Role:
- Relevant third level Certificate qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety
- 5+ years’ experience of managing environmental, health and safety on large construction sites.
- Thorough knowledge of current environmental, health and safety legislation
- Flexibility in working patterns where necessary.
- Ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
- Strong communication & computer skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- NEBOSH certificate level qualification
- Close attention to detail
- Good team-working skills
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.