Senior Quantity Surveyor, Frankfurt
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide support to Construction Team on all Quantity Surveying functions including, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with contract obligations and provide advice and monitoring of same to construction team
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to management.
- Compile monthly progress applications and ensure they are inclusive of accurate remeasure, site variations, dayworks or claims
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Manage subcontractor accounts from initial award to interim valuation, variations and final account.
- Managing and forecasting of turnover and cash flow of the projects
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Identify, Analyse and report on trends within the Business & Projects
- Provide Data and analysis of issues & risks as required by Management.
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- To ensure Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with Group Policies & highlight exceptions to Management
- All other duties associated with this role
- Relevant third level qualification essential in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience post qualification in a big onsite environment
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now