Buyer, Kildare, Kildare
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Purpose of Position
Deliver best in class performance through professional, competitive and efficient buying processes, controls and systems.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- To obtain quality goods and services in both a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Sourcing suppliers and service providers.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and service providers.
- Arrange for the purchase and delivery of goods.
- Create purchase orders using SAP.
- Conduct bid analysis and make recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Competencies and Experience Requirement
- Experience in a similar role within an engineering or construction company.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work well as part of a team towards a common goal.
- Negotiating experience
- A third level qualification preferably in supply chain or other related discipline.
- Previous SAP experience.
Liaising and Communication
- Commercial managers
- Project Manager
- QA Manager
- Material Controller
- Site Manager
Mercury Engineering is an equal opportunities employerApply Now