Purchasing Administrator, Dublin, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Description: Reporting to the Business Unit Purchasing Managers, the Purchasing Administrator performs a variety of functions. Primary responsibility is to work alongside the Purchasing Team and with business stakeholders in processing of supplier invoices to resolve queries.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Key person for processing invoices, identifying problem invoices, querying invoices with suppliers.
- Carry out the admin duties for procurement dept.
- Assist with the procurement / purchasing function within the business.
- Assist purchasing with clearing build-up of aged invoices, whilst keeping a log of the issue to help identify the root cause.
- Follow up on credit notes due from suppliers.
- Manage Major Key accounts where credit limit is restricted.
- Work closely with accounts payable and be a point of contact for AP for queries
- Liaise with Project Material Controllers to follow up on Blocked Invoices.
- Liaising with Accounts Payable to perform a reconciliation of key supplier accounts
- Assist the team in managing the major Suppliers by sending out monthly consolidated invoices to project managers, tracking the invoice approval process, posting the invoices.
- Perform monthly and ad-hoc analysis, projects and any other assigned tasks and duties as directed, to support the team
Key Performance Indicators:
- Invoices are processed accurately and timely before they are due for payment.
- All timelines and deadlines adhered to
- Positive feedback from internal customers and suppliers.
- Project work is completed and on time
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role and ideally have systems administration experience, on an ERP system such as (SAP) is a distinct advantage
- Ability to work on own initiative, motivated, self-starter and Team player.
- Excellent Communication Skills with ability to communicate standards to other staff members and internal customers.
- Excellent admin and IT skills, proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
Mercury Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now