Mercury was contracted to undertake all the ICT fibre & copper installation for this bio-pharma campus which at the time of construction was the largest in the world.
The scope of work includes the Supply, Installation & Commissioning of the following:
- 21,000 Cat 6 points
- 110 kms of fibre cable
- 12,000 no. fibre terminations
- 1no. data centre, total of 120 no. comms cabinets
- 30no. telecom equipment rooms
- Hot/cold aisle containment
- CPI ladder Rack System
- Full install of Pfizer manufacturing systems (MCS / BMS / QBMS / MES networks)
- Full install of Pfizer ethernet network (enterprise network) and telephony system
- Full install of Pfizer site-wide WLAN and DECT networks.
The campus consisted of five major buildings all integrated by the sixth (Link Building) and was part of a €1.8 billion investment in Ireland by Wyeth (subsequently purchased by Pfizer in 2009). Pfizer Grange Castle is licensed for the manufacture of commercial and clinical trial materials and has a very significant research and development function supporting some of the biggest selling bio-pharmaceutical products in the global marketplace.
Since the campus went operational in 2004, Mercury has continued to support all Electrical & ICT sustaining projects and still employ over twenty full time employees on site.
Pfizer (formerly Wyeth)