Mercury were contracted to undertake all the ICT Fibre & Copper Installation for this Hyperscale Data Centre. The Data Centre includes a total of 12 halls in 3 separate buildings.
The scope of work includes the Installation & Commissioning of the following:
- 56 km of 864 core fibre cabling linking Colo IDFs. MTP to Splice
- 28 km of 432 core fibre linking campus MDFs. MTP to Splice
- 130 km of 288 core fibre Internal Colo Links. MTP to MTP
- 7.8 km of Fibre Runner including various Dropout Configurations
- Cat6, & Cat 6A copper cabling supporting various applications
- Rack and Cabinet Installation in MDFs, IDFs and Comms. Rooms
The tower is a steel framed structure with a central core accommodating lifts, services and stairs. The main façades are clad with a fully glazed, unitised full height aluminium framed curtain walling system. Due to its height Brisesoleil shading was provided to both the South and West elevations to reduce the possibility of radiant heat issues. Along with this, solar control is provided by soft coatings to all glazing elements. Maintenance of the façade is by way of a roof mounted building maintenance unit with extending arm and cradle.