Mercury were awarded the contract for the plant & pipework element in the construction of a €450 million Bio-Pharmaceutical Bulk Drug Substance (BDS) facility in Cruiserath, Dublin.
The coordination of works on this project was challenging due to the sheer size of the site and the number of parties involved. However, Mercury ensured that their portion of the works were handed over on programme.
Some of the scope involved the following:
- 700m of Stainless Steel double contained pipework for the BDS and adjoining Utilities building
- Double contained pipework ranging from 100mm x 150mm to 300mm x 400mm
- 85,000 Weld inches completed. 70,000 offsite
- Stress Analysis and Isometric production
- Serviwrap insulation and Testing
- Position and fitting of Gullies and Channels
- Final Design and procurement of Bespoke Stainless steel manholes