Group Reporting Manager, Dublin, Ireland
Mercury is the European leader in construction solutions.
We build and manage complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things. Our people have the courage to be innovative. Their determination and sharp focus enable us to deliver with certainty, time and time again.
We deliver our clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Live Environments.
At Mercury, it is our duty to encourage and back our people to realise their vision of themselves. We place them at the heart of what we do, providing challenging opportunities to develop within a great team in a supportive environment that allows them to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the consolidation of the Group’s many business units across a number of locations. The role is part of the Group Finance function of 3 members reporting to the Finance Director. The role will be challenging and will offer exposure to senior managers/Directors within the business.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Management reporting including the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end accounts/reports.
- Consolidation of management accounts and production of board packs.
- Preparation of quarterly banking pack and assessing compliance under covenants.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for each business unit.
- Preparation of variance analysis against budget, forecast and prior year.
- Manage a small team of 1 direct report assisting the Group Finance function.
- Act as a support to various finance teams who support individual business units.
- Manage the Group audit process including the preparation of the Group annual reporting.
- Liaison with local finance functions and audit firms.
- Maintain Group reporting system.
- Assist with the development of the financial systems across the business.
- Review of internal controls & processes with a focus on continuous improvement and best practice initiatives being in place.
- Assist with any technical accounting matters arising including acquisitions and disposals
Essential Criteria and Skills for the Role:
- Must have previous experience with consolidation of multiple companies.
- A high calibre qualified accountant (7+ years PQE) and industry experience in a similar role a distinct advantage.
- Excellent technical knowledge of FRS102 & IFRS.
- Experience in accounting in multi-jurisdiction consolidations and foreign exchange translation and management.
- Experience handling annual audit assignments from client side.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines.
- High levels of energy and motivation, with a track record of delivery.
- Strong organisation, report writing, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong Excel and system skills.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now