News & Insights
Best People: Mercury’s new Compensation & Benefits structure
As one of Europe’s leading engineering contractors, Mercury uses a best-in-class approach to attract and retain the brightest minds.
We recently launched a new Compensation & Benefits structure, as part of our Beyond50 “Best People” pillar – which aims to attract, reward, and retain talented employees who drive Mercury’s success – while supporting our vision and values.
Our unique culture – a dedication to being brave, dynamic, and making it happen – is embedded in every member of our 8,500+ global team and we have a proud track record of retaining staff long-term, with many developing from apprentice and graduate level all the way to senior management.
We are currently recruiting for 200+ roles on our projects throughout Europe, and now is an exciting time to join our global team.
The following are key aspects of our Compensation & Benefits scheme, which those pursuing a career with Mercury can expect to avail of:
- Employees can avail of a pension scheme which Mercury make monthly contributions to.
- Employees are covered with a Mercury healthcare plan.
- Competitive salaries.
- Additional annual leave is included in our updated compensation and benefits scheme.
- Mercury provides family benefits policies including maternity/paternity leave and parental leave.
Travel & Visa support
- Visa sponsorship programme: If the candidate is successful in the interview stage, Mercury can support visa applications, and accommodation can be provided if applicable.
- If working away from their home country Mercury covers a set value towards flights.
Mercury offers a variety of trainings and courses at all levels of the organisation to enable all employees the opportunity to further their education and advance their skillset.
- Mercury provides free LinkedIn Learning courses to all employees.
- Employees who successfully complete their probation period and demonstrate a high level of performance will have the opportunity to avail of Educational Assistance, which includes financial assistance, as well as study/exam leave.
- There are opportunities to travel in the company across different projects throughout EMEA (if applicable to the role).
- Mercury staff members, and direct family members, have free unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- There is a free eye test for every employee who uses a Visual Display Unit (VDU) as a significant part of normal work.
- On site gym is available to employees*.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working environment*.
- Free breakfast and lunch*.
- With Cycle To Work scheme, employees can save up to €1,250 for a pedal bicycle and accessories, or €1500 for an ebike and accessories*.
*Depending on the location.
We believe that to achieve incredible things you must invest in your people. We recruit and train staff from apprentices to qualified engineers, a policy that has kept many of them with Mercury since the company’s earliest days.
Mercury is committed to promoting learning and career development. We provide assistance for employees pursuing a variety of courses in keeping with Mercury’s strategic objectives.
Like Mercury on Facebook.