News & Insights
Mercury Marks Workers’ Memorial Day 2021
Wednesday, April 28th marks Workers’ Memorial Day, which is a day in which we remember those who have lost their lives or have been injured in work-related accidents.
Our EHS leads across all of Mercury’s projects across Ireland, the UK and continental Europe are reinforcing Mercury’s ‘WorkSafe | HomeSafe’ value, with the key message that:
- Nobody going to work deserves to lose their life due to a workplace injury
- No one going to work thinks it is their day to sustain a serious injury or worse
- Mercury does not want you to take chances or risks at work for any reason
- Sticking to the plan prevents uncontrolled hazards
- Everyone should look after their colleagues and themselves
WorkSafe | HomeSafe
We are dedicated to achieving the highest possible standards of Health & Safety. Safety is embedded in our DNA, it is the Mercury way – from design to construction, commissioning and handover – our safety processes ensure adequate coordination and communication to enable our projects to be constructed safely. Our team understand that by sticking to the safe coordinated plan we can guarantee that our team get home safely to their families at the end of every day.
Safety is personal and our team intervene proactively to ensure compliance day by day and hour by hour. We respect our workforce and they respect our management as an integrated team with a common goal – to get home safe each day. Through our Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) policies and procedures, we ensure an industry leading project delivery every time and most importantly – the safety and wellbeing of all our employees.
Like Mercury on Facebook.