News & Insights
Mercury’s Graduate lead in virtual presentation day
Last Friday, 16th April, members of Mercury’s Graduate Programme took part in a virtual Graduate Presentation Day.
Over 70 participants presented in front of Mercury’s leadership group on a variety of key topics that connect with Beyond50, a five-year strategy that aims to bring Mercury beyond its 50th year in business in 2022. There was also a particular focus on the theme of CSR & Sustainability.
Each group was made up of 6-7 graduates across multiple disciplines and geographical regions including graduate engineers, planners, safety officers, quality officers, quantity surveyors and from across support functions such as Sales & Marketing, Human Resources, and IT. The full list of projects is below:
- Offsite Manufacturing & Modular Construction in the Data Centre Industry
- How to reduce the carbon footprint of a construction project
- Setting the stage for generation alpha – what we must do to ensure digital readiness
- Green Procurement – Theory vs Practice
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the Construction Industry
- Gender Balance in the Construction Industry
- Measurement of Embodied Carbon
- How to best engage with the new generation of Graduates
- The future of remote working
- Project Resilience – how to counteract any future global issues or pandemics
With each presentation taking approximately 30 minutes, the full-day event was highly well received by Mercury’s leadership group, who were very engaged in the Q&A segment after each presentation.
At Mercury, we are committed to recruiting the best people and developing them to become the leaders of tomorrow. We invest in the training and development of our team and provide the support and experience you need to fulfil your potential.
Our Graduate Programme has proved greatly successful in empowering our graduates to develop the vital skills and competencies needed for a lasting career with us. We are committed to engaging and progressing new skills and knowledge through a combination of on-site, office-based, project-specific experience, experiential learning and formal training, providing our graduates with insights and experience across the business.