News & Insights
Mercury hosts Be Brave – Stand up to Cancer 2020 Fundraiser
When 2020 began, nobody could have predicted how life would change so drastically this year. It has been an exceptionally challenging time for society with many businesses and organisations feeling the human, social and economic implications.
In particular, healthcare organisations and charities, who care for the most vulnerable, have been put under huge strain during this time and many have experienced massive loss of income due to cancelled events and increasing uncertainty.
In Ireland alone, its believed that over 2,000 cancers have gone undetected this year during the pause in screening services due to the global pandemic.
Although we can’t all be together to take part in fundraising initiatives it’s just as important that we promote and support them, now more than ever.
2019 saw the launch of Be Brave: Stand up to Cancer, where employees led the campaign that helped to raise €41,000 for cancer. We were also shortlisted in two categories at the 2020 HR Management & Leadership Awards due to the incredible efforts made by staff during the campaign.
So far this year, Mercury’s people have supported several different fundraising initiatives. As 2020 nears to an end please, we’re inviting all our staff & supply-chain to take part, keeping up the generous momentum and helping us stay connected this Christmas season by getting involved on Friday 4th December:
- Wear pink – the pinker the better, prize for the most amount of effort!
- Early detection can save a life – encourage friends and family to get checked.
- We’ve extended the Movember date to run until the 18th of December for anyone who has been taking part – prize for best moustache. Don’t worry if you’ve already shaved – you can still submit your pictures from the end of November.
- Kieran O’Neill will shave off his iconic ponytail in an effort to help raise much needed funds.
- Donations can be made online at the link below: