News & Insights
Mercury celebrates Engineers Week 2020
Today signals the start of Engineers Week, and to mark the occasion, Mercury will be attending a range of events and initiatives.
Engineers Week promotes engineering and highlights the importance of the profession to school-kids across Ireland.
The aim of each event is to positively showcase engineering as a rewarding and creative career choice to children in all communities.
Members of our team will be making presentations and hosting interactive talks at two girls schools over the course of the week.
We particularly want to increase awareness amongst young women about how engineering and construction can provide females with attractive career opportunities.
Mercury will also be involved in hosting ‘Engineering in a Box’ at St Audoen’s National School, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8, on Friday.
This exciting initiative consists of an interactive 10 week programme designed to provide 9-13 year olds with a fun environment to learn more about engineering.
On Friday 6th March we will also be hosting an exhibition at the CIF Women in Construction event at Dunboyne Castle Hotel.
List of Mercury events for Engineers Week 2020
NCH Community Benefit Programme Engineers Week Schools Event
- School groups invited for an event in the F2 Fatima Centre, Rialto, Dublin 8 to learn about careers in construction, Tuesday 3rd March.
Our team will be making presentations and hosting talks at the following schools:
- St Vincents Girls’ National School, William St North, Dublin 1, Thursday 5th March.
- Stanhope Street Girls, Stanhope St, Stoneybatter, Dublin 7, Friday 6th March.
‘Engineering in a Box’:
- St Audoen’s National School, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8, Friday 6th March.
CIF Women in Construction:
- Exhibition at the CIF Women in Construction event at Dunboyne Castle Hotel, Co Meath, Friday 6th March.
Like Mercury on Facebook.