News & Insights
Mercury accepting applications for 2020 Graduate Programme with 80 places available
Mercury is now accepting applications for our 2020 Graduate Programme.
We are committed to recruiting the best people and developing them to become leaders of tomorrow.
We are seeking approximately 80 of Ireland’s most exceptional graduates across the following fields:
- Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, CSA and Fire Protection)
- Commercial / Quantity Surveying (QS)
- Environmental, Health and Safety
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Human Resources
- Estimation and Marketing
- Brand and Communications
- Corporate Strategy and Risk Management
- IT / Business Analysts
Engineering and professional roles will be offered across a range of countries including; Ireland, the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Sweden and The Netherlands.
Support and office roles will be based in the greater Dublin area.
The deadline for applications is Friday 28th February 2020.
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Ideally 2:1 Honours Degree / Expected 2:1
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Adaptable and solutions driven
- Able to work in a team environment
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Good organization & co-ordination skills
- Flexible to travel
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience in the Construction Industry or Trade Background
Since 2019, Mercury delivers our graduate programme in partnership with the Irish Management Institute (IMI) who have experience in delivering award winning graduate programmes
The programme aims to develop graduates’ commercial acumen, leadership &people skills, problem solving, decision making, communication and teamwork skills required in the workplace.
From 2018 to 2019, Mercury has successfully climbed 20 places in the Grad Ireland Top Graduate Employers list and is currently sitting in 111th place.
Our aim for 2020 is to break into the Top 100 Graduate Employers.
Our structured graduate programme is run over two years. The development programme is designed to meet the demands of the working environment. The courses are delivered by external and internal subject-matter experts in a dedicated learning environment. We support graduates who wish to pursue chartered status in their respective fields.
Mercury hired its largest ever intake of 40 graduates in 2019. We are doubling intake this year.
OUR GRADUATE PROGRAMME COMPRISES:
- Induction programme
- Project management
- Presentation skills
- SAP technical training
- Engineering seminars
- AutoCAD training
- Building effectiveness
- Team building
- Time management
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Collaborative working
- Emotional intelligence
- Group project
An important aspect of the development programme is the completion of a group research project, which is presented to the Senior Management Team and Board Members in the form of a group presentation.
Working collaboratively in small groups of four or five, each team is required to deliver viable recommendations to business issues of interest and to present their findings in both presentation and a written document.
- Develops graduates to achieve maximum effectiveness in their roles
- Develops a flexible and multiskilled workforce capable of rapid response to changing business needs
- Develops, motivates and retains our graduates
- Provides skills for future innovations within Mercury
- Maximises the knowledge and experience within our company and ensure that this knowledge is captured, updated and disseminated effectively
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.
Like Mercury on Facebook.