News & Insights
Mercury delivers Site Supervisor Safety Programme (SSSP) Training in the Netherlands
Mercury recently completed Site Supervisor Safety Programme (SSSP) training throughout November 2019 on one of its Data Centre projects in the Netherlands.
The training sessions were attended by Mercury staff representing multiple nationalities. The workshop examined the practicalities of participants’ roles and responsibilities, Mercury’s expectations and the best methods to collaborate, communicate and lead their teams safely through all scheduled tasks.
Site Supervisor Safety Programme (SSSP)
Practical workshops and group exercises completed as part of this training included:
- Chairing and positively affecting meetings you attend as a supervisor;
- How to form and critique a QEHSPA to ensure all local hazards are identified and mitigated pre-task;
- Risk assessment knowledge / guidance / form a RA for a task;
- Chairing and positively affecting whiteboard meetings (rationale / output etc.)
- Chairing a Toolbox talk (local conditions / knowledge of communicable material / promotion of two way conversation – team feedback)
The attendees felt that the knowledge gained through the course and group exercises was the first training session of its kind that focused primarily on the “how to” personal skills required to communicate effectively with both Mercury as a General Contractor, and their own teams to plan for success.
Safety at Mercury
Safety is our anchor value. It underpins everything that we do. It’s a mindset that’s firmly fixed in every individual, team and rank throughout Mercury. Working safely isn’t just our policy – it’s our duty. It gets our people home safe every day.