News & Insights
Mercury Supports Wellness – World Mental Health Day – 10th October 2019
Thursday, 10th October 2019 is World Mental Health Day. Mercury’s Senior Management, EHS team and HR department work together with our project teams across Europe to create an environment where our employees can become the best that they can be. Our employee’s wellness and mental health are a key focus for us when completing all projects. As such, our Global Wellness Plan includes:
- Our Employee Assistance Programme – an independent and confidential service to help employees identify and resolve their personal problems.
- Mental Health First Aid Training – the initial help given to someone developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. This course teaches people how to assist someone who is developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis.
- Wellness Plan & Boards – Mercury’s Wellness boards are posted on all projects across the group and include key information on wellness.
- Making Safety Personal (MSP) – MSP is a training programme for public and private entities that are committed to bridging the behavioural aspect of the causes of accidents, incidents and near misses. Since launching this new programme, Mercury has had 50 projects run in 2019 without a single Lost Time Injury (LTI). Read more here.
- PepTalk Wellness Phone App – Mercury has partnered with PepTalk to deliver an app to all of its staff across Europe to promote wellness. Read more here.
HEALTH & SAFETY AT MERCURY
We are dedicated to achieving the highest possible standards of Health & Safety. Safety is embedded in our DNA, it is the Mercury way – from design to construction, commissioning and handover – our safety processes ensure adequate coordination and communication to enable our projects to be constructed safely. Our team understand that by sticking to the safe coordinated plan we can guarantee that our team get home safely to their families at the end of every day.
Safety is personal and our team intervene proactively to ensure compliance day by day and hour by hour. We respect our workforce and they respect our management as an integrated team with a common goal – to get home safe each day. Through our Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) policies and procedures, we ensure an industry leading project delivery every time and most importantly – the safety and wellbeing of all our employees.