Mercury was awarded this contract after successfully completing previous projects with this repeat client in London.
The scope of work of this project included:
• The formation of a mezzanine floor slab across 50% of the existing open plan warehouse
• 4 3Mw data halls and associated switch rooms; above and below the mezzanine floor
• 4 new switch rooms forming Rope 1 of the electrical distribution network, compromising of HV cast retain transformers, LV input board, UPS and associated batteries and UPS output board
• The installation of new HV Switch rooms and distribution networks from the upgraded SSE 33/11KV substation
• The formation of a new external steel gantry to enable 6 2.5MVA HV generator sets and associated bulk fuel stores to be installed
• The installation of a processed treated water plant and associated water storage tanks, to provide 24-hour standby water supplies to the Jaeggi HDACs
• The chilled water distribution via carbon steel pipework in a ring configuration with risers dropping from the lid level to the lower floor voids
• The installation of water mist systems in all Data Halls and sprinklers in storage rooms.
This was a highly rewarding and challenging project of which Mercury successfully met all requirements.