Mercury was contracted to carry out the electrical works for the Air Traffic Visual Control Tower at Dublin Airport for the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA). The 86.9m tower comprises three separate but integrated building elements:
• A 5-story control cab
• An 18-story cab supporting shaft
• A 1-storey base building above the basement plant room.
This base building will accommodate staff facilities, electronic systems and mechanical plant space to provide control of the Visual Control Tower environment. The gross internal area of the development is approximately 2766m².
Ancillary elements of the project include:
• A 37m² single storey security hut
• A 72m² oil tank storage area
• An external car park with associated security features
• Security fencing
• All associated site works, landscaping and services connections.