Acute Hospital Enniskillen
Acute Hospital & Scope of Works
Enniskillen is a town and civil parish in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. It is located almost exactly in the centre of the county between the Upper and Lower sections of Lough Erne. It had a population of 13,599 in the2001 Census. It is the seat of local government for Fermanagh District Council, and is also the county town of Fermanagh as well as its largest town.
This new Acute Hospital covers an area of 53,375m2. The project comprised a new 317 bed hospital at Enniskillen comprising 5 storeys of planned and emergency surgery, orthopaedics, women & children’s zone, day case theatres and outpatient services.
This project included design of vibration free laboratories; clean room environments; specialist containment and specialist bio-medical laboratories. All rooms are single occupancy with en-suite facilities. Patient safety and infection control has been designed to the highest standard.
Complete theatre suites including ultra-clean theatre; Pathology laboratories, aseptic suite and associated services; special extract systems including laboratory spaces and isolation rooms. All medical gas systems including gas scavenging systems. Dental suite including specialist vacuum and specialist waste recovery system.
- Mercury Engineering’s scope of works includes the full design and installation of all mechanical, electrical, and IT systems via employing specialists in hospital design and interdisciplinary coordination.
- Risk mitigation – coordinated and constructible design value.
- Constructability review of design.
- Value engineering to align with target budget and 3D Design – fully coordinated and Construct.
- 312 Bed Acute Hospital:
- A&E, Theatres, Imaging, MRI, CT, Critical Care (Coronary, Isolation).
- Kitchen, Laundry, Neo natal, Out-patients, Delivery, Restaurant, Pharmacy.
- Full Biomass CHP Biomass Heating.
- Full Electrical back up- Generators and UPS/IPS.
- Key Energy Limits: 50GJ/100m3, 120 kg/m2 CO emissions.
Enniskillen, Northern Ireland
- 30 Months