Graduate BIM Engineer (Civil/Mech/Elec), Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
We are looking for someone available to start as soon as possible with a view of joining the Graduate Programme 2022 next September intake.
Our Graduate Programme:
At Mercury, we are committed to recruiting the best people and developing them to become the leaders of tomorrow. We invest in the training and development of our team and provide the support and experience you need to fulfil your potential.
Our Graduate Programme has proved greatly successful in empowering our graduates to develop the vital skills and competencies needed for a lasting career with us. We are committed to engaging and progressing new skills and knowledge through a combination of on-site, office-based, project-specific experience, experiential learning and formal training, providing our graduates with insights and experience across the business.
Mercury has been recognised by Grad Ireland as one of Ireland's leading graduate employers and last year saw our largest ever intake of 58 graduates and were nominated for Grad Ireland’s Graduate Employer of the Year award for 2020 and again in 2021. This was achieved despite the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic and further showcases our adaptability and innovation. We are determined to increase our uptake of graduates again this year and are committed to providing a rewarding and challenging programme, with an exciting range of graduate positions across the company.
Our structured training & graduate programme takes 18 months. The development programme is designed to set the demands of the working world as would be experienced by graduates. The courses are delivered by external and internal subject-matter experts in a dedicated learning environment. We have a strong link with Engineers Ireland, and we support graduates who wish to pursue Chartered Engineer status. Each Graduate is assigned a mentor in their first half and an executive coach in their second.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Role:
- BIM S/W management
- BIM S/W renewals management
- Model QA of fab packs
- Creation of COBIE sheets
- Object Library management
- Clash management on all systems
- Clash reporting with template creation and management
- Overall BIM systems management and systems evolution
- PID’s, Scan & point cloud data
- Production of isometrics and BOM
- Data Analytics:
- Data analysis of attribute information contained within 3D CAD models and other data sources for the purposes of quantification, 4D construction sequencing and to facilitate the fabrication and construction process in a BIM workflow.
- Generation of detailed statistical reports to support LEAN improvements within the BIM process at Mercury
- Development of standard operational tools (Excel Spreadsheets / Access front ended SQL databases) to support 3D model development and monitor QA and progress of model development.
- Develop process flows and document same for 3D model builds.
- Technical CAD IT support to model detailers and training in process flows and data requirements
- Adherence to Mercury CAD and BIM manuals and processes
- Collaboration with other trades
- Field surveying and verification
- Development of reports in line with scheduling requirements
- Problem solving and resolution
- Production of GA’s and detailing sheets
- Attendance at design and construction reviews
- Assistance in the overall development of the BIM protocols and systems
- Work with the BIM steering committee in driving and implementing improvement roadmap plans
- Implement, lead and drive the new programs Mercury are putting in place to ensure Mercury Group BIM is recognised as an industry leader for BIM capability and innovation.
- Travel to sites (both in Ireland and abroad) may be required.
- Networking and an ability to work well in teams is a requirement
- Training and mentoring of new entry staff on completion of training modules
- Liaison with Mercury site staff in interpreting and amending models
- Ensure integration of models into federated model for overall co-ordination
- Development of 3D coordinated services and structure layouts for clash control
- Remain fully up to date with the drawing management process and control systems
- Development of mechanical & electrical systems and designs coordinated building services layouts, management of drawing registers and standards.
- Technical report writing
- The production of builders works schedules and associated drawings
- Complete material procurement schedules
- Programming (timelines) for projects
- Attend design, client & site meetings as required
- Deal with sub-contractors, client consultants and GC to ensure correct installation
- Operate to health + safety requirements
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Mercury’s EHS Policies and systems
- Co-ordinate installation of mechanical services with other trades
- Ensure QA/QC compliance
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Ideally 2:1 Honours Degree / Expected 2:1
- Level 8 or relevant bachelor’s degree
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Adaptable and solutions driven
- Able to work in a team environment
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Good organization & co-ordination skills
- Flexible to travel
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience in the Construction Industry or Trade Background
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now