HR Administrator - 12 Month Contract, Kildare, Ireland
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Scope of the Role:
Based on our client site in Kildare and reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner, you will own the administrative responsibilities of your designated areas within the Mercury business. This is a fast-paced working environment, across multiple jurisdictions, supporting all areas of the HR Team. You will have responsibility for the relationship and communication between the extended HR Team and Mercury business stake holders. You will act as the first port of call to employees for all HR related queries. You will need a good understanding and knowledge of employment law from multiple jurisdictions
This is a 12-month contract.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
HR Database and Reporting:
- Ensure that SAP/SuccessFactors accurately reflects current employees’ conditions and details.
- This includes inputting starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, annual leave and recording of sicknesses and other leave.
- Provide appropriate reports for auditing
- Working closely with the HR Business Partners and Payroll department communicating/administering any changes or benefits administration.
- Provide administrative support to the HR team members.
- Ensure all employees have their Terms and Conditions of Employment, issue contracts.
- Ensure all employees are onboarded correctly.
- Electronic file upkeep
- Assisting with the annual HR audit.
- Respond to reference requests for current or ex-members of staff in line with the Department.
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date Procedures Manual for all HR Administration duties related to designated areas
- Assisting with disciplinaries and grievances, performance management and any HR administration related IR issues.
- Absence management
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR Office.
- Assisting in the development of an employee-oriented Company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- To actively promote the Company’s policies, encouraging staff awareness and participation in all areas.
- Adhere to the Company’s Data Protection Policy and Procedure and ensure private and confidential data is kept secure and disposed of in the appropriate manner.
- Provide accurate and efficient HR advice to the business.
- Occasional site visits, attendance to recruitment fairs, promotional school and college visits.
- Booking hotels, meeting rooms, setting them up for events.
- Assisting with any HR initiatives as required (i.e. Wellness Day, Women in Construction, etc).
- As part of the HR Team, this role requires excellent teamwork and it is expected that your contribution to the team greatly supports the success of the team in supporting the business.
- Generate insights regarding current and future plans for our Administrative Department, liaise with Team Lead to ensure best in class programme.
- Ensure compliance to the Company’s Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Other ad hoc HR duties as deemed appropriate by the Team Lead.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- 1+ years’ experience in HR Administrative role
- Outstanding multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Teamwork and prioritisation skills essential
- Ability to work well within strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office Suite
- Fluency in English
- SAP experience
- SuccessFactors experience
- DocuSign Experience
- Knowledge of Construction Industry
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now