Commissioning Manager, Paris, France
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Management of all Mercury’s commissioning responsibilities on site. This will include the setup, management of and closing out of the Commissioning plan for the project.
- Management of direct reports (commissioning and testing personnel on site).
- Management of the Commissioning Tagging process and procedures.
- Reporting Progress on all Commissioning activities both internally and externally.
- Chairing weekly commissioning meetings and directing weekly commissioning activities.
- Chairing daily whiteboard meetings on commissioning.
- Attending the Main Contractor and clients weekly commissioning meetings and reporting out weekly progress.
- Development of the Project commissioning schedule in conjunction with the project planners.
- Management of Mercury’s “Lock Out – Tag Out” Processes and procedures
- Management of Area Control Permits for all areas under Mercury’s control (Primarily Electrical Switch rooms) to ensure that all areas are restricted and controlled.
- Responsible for the Compilation of all Testing and Commissioning Documentation including verifying and signing off on all results.
- Familiarity with and management of Project Commissioning Schedule in conjunction with other trades, Package Leads, consulting Engineer and Client requirements.
- Ensuring that all testing and commissioning manpower is tracked on the site and labour allocation Tracker sheets are issued daily.
- Assist with the management of all costs associated with your package including:
- Mercury Electrical Team
- Mercury Mechanical team
- Material deliveries and goods receipting
- Plant and Equipment
- Management of all day to day on site commissioning operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minuted meeting with sub-contractor.
- Management of all Mercury commissioning related snagging and ensuring that all snags are closed out in a timely manner (within 1 week of been raised).
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- Close out of all project items – all with the support of the Electrical and Mechanical package managers
- Implement a weekly look ahead ensuring co-ordination with vendors and trades.
- Issue internal weekly progress report. This will highlight progress percentage complete based on WBS codes and any concerns. It should also highlight any risk elements within the control of Mercury, e.g.: late deliveries.
- Maintain a weekly project photographic diary
- Developing a strong professional working relationship with the General Contractor, Client and 3rd party commissioning Teams key personnel
- All other duties associated with this role
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Degree in Engineering and at least 5 years’ experience in a commissioning manager role on large scale industrial projects.
- Applicants must have extensive Commissioning knowledge of the typical Mechanical and Electrical systems associated with Data Centres.
- A thorough understanding of building regulation and European standards, codes and practices.
- The ability to manage and execute a full IST and previous experience in the past is essential.
- The development of all required IST documentation and to manage the completion of same on a digital platform.
- Excellent organisational skills and be effective at prioritising tasks in order to achieve project deadlines and budgets.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and the ability to report to the management team and client.
- Ability to produce detailed reports, presentations and assignments regularly and to an extremely high standard.
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Acrobat.
- Manage and deal successfully with all client and contractor vendors to ensure specifications are adhered to and all plant/equipment is commissioned on time and in line with the tagging /commissioning process.
- Ability to delegate successfully and to know when and who to delegate to.
- Ability to thrive in a team-working environment and have strong social skills.
- Lead, manage and motivate the entire team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ambition to succeed and progress.
- Passion for delivering results.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now