Business Unit Operations Director, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Description: The Operations Director position requires proven senior management experience in a highly dynamic setting. First class organisational, communication and leadership skills are essential along with proven ability to develop solutions that push innovative boundaries. The successful candidate will work closely with the Managing Director to strategise and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success at Mercury.
The Operations Director is responsible for implementing Mercury Engineering’s guiding principles, enforcing the company vision and core values with a key focus on Safety and customer satisfaction.
The role will be responsible for meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets which will be agreed as essential to the Business.
This role is Dublin based but will require regular travel to Europe.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Objectives of this Role
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Work with Operation Managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
- Work closely with all support functions to establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Ensure Month End process is completed on-time and information contained within the report is accurate.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years senior leadership role in the appropriate field
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM)
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.Apply Now