Mercury were contracted to undertake all the ICT Fibre & Copper Installation for this Bio-Pharma Campus which at the time of Construction was the largest in the World.
The scope of work includes the Supply, Installation & Commissioning of the following:
- 21,000 Cat 6 Points
- 110 kms of Fibre cable.
- 12,000 no. Fibre terminations.
- 1no. Data centre, total of 120 no. Comms cabinets.
- 30no. Telecom Equipment Rooms
- Hot/Cold aisle containment.
- CPI Ladder Rack System.
- Full install of Pfizer manufacturing systems (MCS / BMS / QBMS / MES networks)
- Full install of Pfizer Ethernet network (Enterprise network) and telephony system
- Full install of Pfizer site-wide WLAN and DECT networks
The Campus consisted of five major buildings all Integrated by the sixth (Link Building) and was part of a €1.8 billion investment in Ireland by Wyeth (subsequently purchased by Pfizer in 2009). Pfizer Grange Castle is licensed for the manufacture of commercial and clinical trial materials and has a very significant research and development function supporting some of the biggest selling biopharmaceutical products in the global marketplace.
Since the Campus went operational in 2004, Mercury have continued to support all Electrical & ICT sustaining projects and still employ over twenty full time employees on site.
Pfizer (formerly Wyeth)